THE TRAINING PROGRAM
How does the program work?
- Step 1: Decide on a platform (handgun, rifle, shotgun, or precision rifle)
- Step 2: Sign up and take the Core Module class(es) for that platform
- Step 3: Commit to your training. Practice what you learn from us.
- Step 4: Move on to the Intermediate and Experienced modules.
DID YOU KNOW?Taking a single class does not adequately prepare you for defensive shooting encounters where your life or lives of others are at stake.
CORE MODULE I
The Core Module will …
- teach you safe weapons handling
- begin to ingrain the fundamentals of good marksmanship
- show weapon malfunctions and teach you how to correct them
- provide legal, moral, and ethical information relating to real world defensive shooting events
- work for any platform: handgun, rifle, shotgun, precision rifle
You will be skilled enough to operate your weapon safely on any range after this module. However, this foundational information is simply not enough to stake your life on it.
Core Module Classes:
- Handgun I
- Handgun II
- Handgun III
- Rifle I
- Shotgun I
- Precision Rifle Prequalification
Core Module Skills:
- Learn safe weapons handling
- Learn weapon functionality and limitations
- Learn markmanship fundamentals
- Learn to practice situational awareness
- Learn to identify weapon malfunctions and fix them
DID YOU KNOW?Students in the defensive training path need to be able to demonstrate all Core Module I skills at this point. A skills evaluation is used to measure a student’s skills. This gives you feedback and helps you form a benchmark for future training. Experienced students may “opt out” by taking and passing the skills evaluation.
DID YOU KNOW?Students need to be able to demonstrate all Core Module I skills at this point. A skills evaluation is used to measure a student’s skills.
INTERMEDIATE MODULE II
The Intermediate Module will …
- require safe weapons handling
- develop marksmanship under stress
- teach you weapons handling under stress
- enable you to make critical shooting decisions in less time
- provide more in-depth discussions of legal and moral considerations
- involve much more dry practice to ingrain good muscle memory
You will be smoother in your weapons handling, more adept at fixing your weapon, and better prepared to use it under stress. Dry practice is key here to ingrain good muscle memory.
- Handgun Skill Builders
- Handgun Skills Evaluations
- Rifle Skill Builders
- Shotgun Skill Builders
- Long gun Skills Evaluations
- Precision Rifle I
- Safe weapons handling
- Marksmanship under stress
- Weapons manipulations under stress
- Increased situational awareness after engagement
- Ability to make shooting decisions quickly
- Shooting from concealment
DID YOU KNOW?
Students in the defensive training path need to be able to demonstrate all Module I and Module II skills at this point. Time pressures and other stressors are constant challenges from this point on. Dry practice is essential to maintain the skills you now have. Skilled students may opt-out of this module by taking and passing a skills evaluation. We do not recommend this approach.
DID YOU KNOW?
Students need to be able to demonstrate all Module I & Module II skills at this point. A skills evaluation is used to measure a student’s skills again. Dry practice is key.
EXPERIENCED MODULE III
The Experienced Module will …
- include safe weapons handling
- test your muscle memory under high stress
- place you in realistic, stressful situations
- push you out of your comfort zones
- include movement while shooting/clearing malfunctions
- include use of cover/concealment
- increase the need for situational awareness
- test your actions/skills against competent, armed opponents
- teach you advanced skills and civilian tactics
- give you confidence to handle your weapons in many stressful situations
This is the module you should work toward and spend most of your training efforts on. You will become proficient at weapons handling under significant stress, in realistic situations. You will also face skilled attackers who will force you to make difficult decisions. Muscle memory from dry practice is essential.
- Advanced Handgun I
- Advanced Handgun II
- Advanced Long Gun
- Civilian Defensive Tactics
- Home & Auto Scenarios
- Precision Rifle II
- Safe weapons handling under realistic stress
- Dealing with variety of scenarios
- Advanced weapons handling under realistic stress
- Tactics for civilian defensive shooting
- Shooting while moving under realistic stress
- Weapon malfunctions under realistic stress
- Experience with multiple attacker scenarios